Friday, March 30, 2012

Want a beer.

I frequently get on food plateaus.

When I make something that's really good, I just keep making it until I get bored (which might be days or many weeks later). I like easy things that I can make quickly for my 3-11 shifts. Elaborate meals have to wait for days off, so I tuck the intense cravings I get into the back corners of my mind for later (http://havecakewilltravel.com/2009/03/17/the-little-crust-that-could-chew-chew/--GAAAHHH). Mostly I bring various Asian-themed stir fries, soups, or bean dishes. For a while I was hooked on tofu rancheros.

Lately, it's been this:

Chili tofu scramble.

Basically I saute the tofu with parsnips until it's brown and crispy, and then throw in whatever variety of vegetables I have on hand: corn, peppers, broccoli, green onions, etc. This concoction is enhanced by salt, pepper, Penzey's Chili Powder, mustard, and nutritional yeast. So good. Why?

Other scarfing events of the week:
Waffle Wednesday was moved to Thursday due to time constraints (although, Waffle Wednesday isn't every week anyways, so what does it matter). This week was Double Chocolate. BOIfriend enjoyed his with excessive amounts of Earth Balance and my mom's homemade strawberry sauce.


Today was the season opener of my favorite food cart!! The Lunch Room is an all vegan food cart in downtown Ann Arbor. I creep on them in a big way. Today I ran through a thunderstorm to retrieve a steaming cup of chowder and a chocolate chip cookie.

Pie. Currently making apple pie from Vegan Pie in the Sky. Can't wait.

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING PICTURE. LOOK AT IT.

I use my ears to fucking fly.


No comments:

Post a Comment