Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Aww, but I was going to go in to Toshi's Station to pick up some power converters!

Dearest readers-

I, Pancake (to some of you Jayje/Jorf), will very soon now be relocating to my new apartment box. BORK NO WAY! This is exciting news, but it will likely put a bit of a damper on my contributions to the blog for a while. For some months now, I have lacked a computer (my laptop's screen gave up the ghost), and I have since been plugging my back-up hard drive into my maw's. Until I purchase a new computer for graduate school, I will be without one. This won't be financially quib until a later date.

So, long story short, I plan on blogging a bit before the relocation with today's MUFFIN RECIPE and with this week's later BIRFDAY HAPPENINGS and CAKE STUFF. Wine will also, no doubt, be involved.

I'm going to miss Carly.



In other news, I had a bike race over the weekend with good 'ol team Peartree Pens. It was fun. SHAMELESS PLUG FOR MY CYCLING TEAM.

ON WITH THE RECIPE!

Chocolate Banana Coconut Muffins

1 large ripe banana (I used 1 1/2 small...maybe that's a medium in total? WTF who knows)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup safflower oil (canola oil is bad for you, don't use it, the end)
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup Dutch cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup vanilla non-dairy milk of your choice (I used almond milk this go around)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350. Delightfus. In a large bowl, mash up the banana. Add the sugar and oil and stir it all together. In a separate, smaller bowl, mix the two flours, the cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. KA-ZAAM! Add half of this dry mixture to the sugar-oil-banana bowl and mix. Add 1/2 cup of the "milk." Add the other half of the dry stuff, and then the other half of the milk. The resulting batter will be quite thick and DELICIOUS, FUCKERS. Mix in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Slop your batter into prepared muffin tins, and bake 20 minutes.
They come out looking like THIS:


Oh yeah. They are all kinds of tasty looking, no?


On another note, I got two awesome early-birfday presents over the weekend: A Goofy Movie and We're Back!: A Dinosaur's Story on DVD. These are wonderful memories of my childhood. Amazing films. Xtina and I watched A Goofy Movie last night. TEENS, MAN. TEENS NOT GETTING ALONG WITH THEIR PARENTS. We're wondering if Goofy had an I Am Sam type of thing happen to wind up with Max(I Am Sam-NOT a good movie. More teens, less sap). Thoughts? Banfi.

No comments:

Post a Comment