Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ender's Dreams.

Last night I had a dream I went to Battle School with my siblings. It was a pretty awesome dream. I smote another kid, just like Ender when he was being bullied. Then everyone respected me. I don't remember, but I likely became a battalion leader. I wish I had Ender's Game dreams more often.

Interpretation, anyone?

Today I had some bananas that really needed to be used. I wanted banana bread, but not plain banana bread. For me, the idea of a peanut butter quickbread is always great in theory, but not as inspiring in reality. They have such a strange density. I worked around this, though, and the results were perfect.


Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Surprise!

INGREEDZ:
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 tbsp ground flax
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegan sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon

For the surprise:
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut flour
3 tbsp soy milk

DO THIS:

Pre-heat the oven to 350. In a small vessel, mix the ground flax with the water, and let it sit for a minute or two. Meanwhile, mash your bananas in a large bowl. Add the flax mixture, oil, milk, vanilla and sugar. In a smaller bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to the wet ingredients, and mix well.
In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the surprise. In a greased bread pan, pour in half of the bread mixture. Drop in glops of the surprise, and swirl them around a bit with a fork. Or your finger. I don't care. Pour the remaining batter over the top, covering all of the surprise. You want to make sure that those you feed it to DON'T KNOW. It's a SECRET. Even if it's just you eating it. Forget what you've done, come back in an hour. FEEL THE JOY OF A SURPRISE.


Anyways, bake for about an hour or until a toothpick/fork/sword comes out batter-free. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Cool completely on a rack. Enjoy.


I had mine for lunch in this fashion:


Layer of peanut maple sauce (tablespoon or so of peanut flour, drizzle of maple syrup, and a tablespoon of soy milk mixed together)
Layer of coconut milk yogurt
Layer of banana bread
Repeat.

For dinner last night, I whipped up some caramelized onions, kale, and dill socca. The socca was easy. Just 1 1/4 cups garbanzo bean flour, a little salt, 1 cup water, 1 tbsp apple sauce, salt, pepper and dried dill. I wish I'd had fresh dill, but we can't have everything that we want. I'll be taking the socca to work for dinner tonight.



Enter the give-away. May-Tank wants you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment