Monday, August 22, 2011

Can't not bake.

When I'm stressed, anxious, happy, sad, angry or depressed, I bake. I'm feeling many of these things all the time, so I often try to resist the urge. I resisted until noon today. Then I made delicious muffins. Now I'm making dough for pizza crust. I'm not an emotional eater. I am an emotional baker.

I tried. I tried so, so hard.

Lemon Date Jam Muffins
I'm bleeding.

INGREEDZ:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup vegan cane sugar
1 tbsp ground flax
2 tbsp water
Jam of choice

DO THIS:
Preheat oven to 350. In a small dish, combine 1 tbsp ground flax with 2 tbsp water and allow to congeal. In a smallish bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. In a larger bowl, mix the apple sauce, coconut milk and sugar. Add in the lemon juice and flax mixture. Pour and mix in the dry ingredients a little at a time, until thoroughly combined. Distribute evenly into a greased cupcake pan (makes 12). Push a teaspoon of your favorite jam into the middle of each muffin (I used Date Jam, from American Spoon). Bake for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack.


Snack attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment