Friday, June 11, 2010

Living just to keep going, going just to keep sane.



Old injuries resurface, and the troubles keep me from my wheels.

What is a Roadie to do when a Roadie can't race? Train anyways. What is a Roadie to do when a Roadie can't train?

Pine. Pine. Pine.

AND, OOPS, BAKE MUFFINS.



Lately I've been nomming on a crap ton of sweet things, and then when it seemed like I didn't want them anymore I went out and guzzled some sweet Select Riesling. So today I wanted muffins, but I wanted muffins that weren't real sweet because I feel myself getting the diabeetus (diabetes). I'm sorry if you actually have it. I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything. I mean, diabeetus is a real serious issue and we should all try to make less sugary muffins and cookies and stuff. Am I just making this worse? I am. Okay.

Um, here's the deal. I went to the farmer's market some days ago to score some strawberries from Frog Holler Farm, and found one table selling squash. I almost pissed myself. I was so excited. I love zucchini and patty pan and all that. So I picked myself up some green and gold zucchinis. And now, I have made myself muffins.

Ok, so the recipe:
Golden Green Zucchini Muffins

Preheat oven to 375

1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk (I used So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk. It's pretty good. Like Eden Soymilk better.)
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix these in a mug together and let it curdle.

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all of these dry ingredients into a large bowl.

Grate enough gold and green zucchinis to make 2 cups worth. I used 3 small ones total.

Mix the milk/vinegar concoction into the dries, as well as
1/3 cup safflower oil
1 T real maple syrup



Finally, mix in the zucchini. You could also add chopped walnuts. I just didn't have any because I'm too damn cheap. Grease up a muffin tin, and start filling. I made 12 muffins exactly. Bake about 25 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in and it doesn't come out battered.



They tasty. Soooo tasty.

My seedlings...They want the sun...We should all try this hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment