Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I bet you're wondering what that amazing smell is. Well, it's my waffle.

Ladies and gentleman--

Tonight is the party event of the year. Big names. Amazing music. Great catering. And Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

THE OOPS, IT'S VEGAN 1 YEAR BLOGOVERSARY BANANZA!!

The menu is extensive and has required prior preparation by all members of the Oops team. Multiple courses of breathtaking mouthgasms. All of which will be blogged post-event.

Until then, to keep you satisfied, I bring you yet another pancake recipe.


Fluffy Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes

These were incredible. I've never had a vegan pancake with so much loft. Each was about 1/2 inch thick. Light, flavorful, and lovely to gaze upon.

INGREEDZ:

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 T baking powder
1 T poppyseeds
2 T sugar
1 1/4 cups "milk"
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 T oil
1 T lemon juice

DO THIS:

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, poppyseeds, and sugar. Make a well in the center, and pour in the milk, cider vinegar, oil, and lemon juice. Mix together, but not too thoroughly. These are pancakes, so lumps are not only acceptable, they are ideal. Meanwhile, you can be heating lavish amounts of margarine in a cast iron skillet over low-medium heat. Drop a third cup or so of batter (more or less, depending on your desires) and cook both sides to a golden crispiness. Serve with real maple syrup. Love yourself for the accomplishment.


Did everyone have a nice Balumtimes? I did. Mom sent me Valentines chocolate. I had to work, but it was Good Idea Monday. Every Monday, we have some grand idea (generally edible). This week, it was me bringing in waffle making supplies so that we could have Boston Creme Pie Waffles. I unfortunately don't have pictures. They made the whole gym smell heavenly, and we had customers asking if they could purchase whatever was cooking. The answer, of course, was a cheerful "NO! THEY'RE MINE!!" I made sure to take a safety walk while eating my waffle, just to relish the feeling of everyone's longing eyes on my bounty. Yeah, climb that wall. The satisfaction of doing so won't be even half as good as that which I get from eating my chocolate and pudding coated waffle, bitch.


Also, the clothing demo went well last week. Someone gave me a home-brew.



I have a mission to acquire more soymilk and to locate candy cigarettes (where does one find these things nowadays, anyway?).

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your blog anniversary! Have a wonderful feast. Bummed you don't have pictures of your amazing waffles. :(

    ReplyDelete