Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My brother's favorite granola

Hello, hello, friends. Pancake reporting from home base kitchen. Xtina is here as well. I just whipped up a batch of my famous granola. This stuff had my dad bothering me for months on end to make him some, and is my brother's favorite. My brother is picky about his chocolate peanut butter granola, so this is a meaningful distinction. Cook it. Eat it. Love it. Love ME.

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Granola

Preheat oven to 350.

4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp salt

Mix these dry ingredients together in a large bowl. GREAT JOB! YOU DID IT!



8 Tbsp pure maple syrup
6 Tbsp safflower oil
8 Tbsp peanut butter (I used a Michigan-made variety)


Mix these wet ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour into oat mixture and stir/work with your hands until well-combined. Pour onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 18 minutes, stirring about half way through so the granola around the edges of the sheet doesn't burn.

When you take the granola out of the oven, immediately pour 1 cup chocolate chips over the top and start stirring it around. The chips will melt and make the granola delightfis and clumpy. Yum yum!



Here is a shameless shout-out to some friends over at Square Deal Farm in Walden, VT. You should order a gallon from them. You don't have to pay shipping for it, nor will you regret your choice. Best maple syrup I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment