Thursday, November 11, 2010

I just want to get a bottle so I can put a fish in it.

BELIEVE IT.



We've come back.

The times changed, and the bloggers went separate ways, and Oops! was lost. We knew that it wasn't forever, and that the time would come for its gallant return. We waited until the moment was right, and that moment, my friends, is now. And Oops! will be better than ever!

We blog to you from the Traverse City penthouse (a place we have blogged from before--go back to spring). This epic return will be done in a SERIES of posts--although this trip North is short, we have much to impart. It may take us several days to get all the posts done.

Right off the bat, we have some excellent recipes to share with you, and we hope you give them a try. We had a fine dinner together with a long-lost friend here in Traverse, and it engaged many components.

Now let me say, I've eaten, and made, a lot of veggie burgers. Sometimes they turn out really crappy, sometimes they're pretty good. This recipe? BOMBER. Definitely the best I've ever made, if not one of the best I've ever HAD. Are you ready for this?

Sweet Potato Curry Burgers




1 medium sweet potato, cooked and mashed
1 cup black beans, cooked or canned
1/3-1/2 cup rolled oats
3 cloves garlic, chopped
Pepper and salt, to taste (I threw in some flakes of sea salt as well, for a pleasant surprise bite here and there)
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (want to learn how to make your own? Worry not! A stellar mix is on the way! The one we used for this recipe, in fact...)
Olive oil

To prepare my sweet potato, I stabbed it with a fork, wrapped it in a towel, and microwaved in 2 1/2 minute intervals until it was soft. I then peeled the skin (and ate it) before mashing the innards. Add the cup of black beans to the sweet potato, and mash in with a fork (This leaves many of the beans smashed, but some of them whole. I find this pleasant in a veggie burger). Mix in the remaining ingredients until well-incorporated. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. When it has come to temperature, form patties (whatever size you want, I suppose. We got about 4 out of it) and cook them until done! It was about 7-10 minutes per side, for our batch.



We served up this beautiful sandwich with some EXTRA. CLASSY. layers. Want to stay as classy as this sandwich? Worry not, we've got he hook-up.

Stay 'tooned for posts on Extra Classy Ingredients (the ones on this exquisite sandwich as well as others), the DELICIOUS dessert we had, wine pairings, and more. We've got lots to tell you all.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you back. This looks really delicious. And I love the new background picture. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete